Roasted Butternut Squash with Purple Onions, Bacon, and Parmesan is made multi functional sheet pan! A simple fall or winter aspect dish.
Butternut Squash with Onions, Bacon, Parmesan
Roasted butternut squash screams fall, and I often cook dinner with it this time of 12 months. Roasting butternut squash and onions brings out their sweetness. The caramelized edges mixed with bacon and parmesan elevate this easy aspect, making it worthy for firm or your subsequent vacation gathering. Extra roasted butternut squash recipes that you could be wish to strive are this Maple Roasted Butternut Squash and Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash.
Do I must peel butternut squash earlier than roasting?
Sure, the pores and skin on butternut squash is thick, so that you’ll must peel it earlier than roasting it. I used to dread this process till I realized this fast tip – Microwave the squash for a couple of minutes. It makes it a lot simpler to peel and lower the vegetable. And what’s even quicker than that’s shopping for it pre-cubed. It eliminates the often- daunting process of peeling and slicing, making prep and cleanup a breeze!
Roasted Butternut Squash Components
- Butternut Squash: Twenty ounces of peeled and cubed squash is about two cups.
- Onion: I used crimson onion, however a yellow one would work too.
- Olive Oil for coating the greens
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Bacon: Chop two slices of uncooked bacon.
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grate 1 / 4 cup of parmesan.
- Parsley: Garnish with Italian parsley or swap with sage, thyme, or chives if you happen to choose.
How you can Cook dinner Butternut Squash
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400°F, and spray a big sheet pan with oil. For simpler cleanup, you may line it with foil earlier than spraying.
- Greens: Put the butternut squash and onion in a big bowl. Toss with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake: Unfold the veggies in a good layer on the sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes. Take away the pan from the oven, add the bacon and two
tablespoons of parmesan, and toss every little thing with a spatula. Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Garnish: Earlier than serving, sprinkle the butternut with the remaining parmesan and parsley.
Extra Butternut Squash Recipes You’ll Love:
Your feedback are useful! In case you’ve tried this wholesome Roasted Butternut Squash recipe or another on Skinnytaste, don’t neglect to price the recipe and go away me a remark under. And if you happen to took a photograph of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can reshare on my Tales!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Onions, Bacon, and Parmesan
Roasted Butternut Squash with Purple Onions, Bacon, and Parmesan is made multi functional sheet pan!
- Olive oil spray
- 20 ounces peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1 small crimson onion, lower into 1-inch wedges
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 2 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Spray a big sheet pan with oil.
In a big bowl, add the squash, onion, oil, salt and pepper, to style. Toss to evenly coat.
Unfold in a good layer on ready sheet pan. Roast for 20 minutes.
Take away sheet pan from the oven and add the bacon and a couple of tablespoons of the Parmesan. With a spatula, toss the veggies and blend within the bacon and Parmesan.
Put sheet pan again within the oven and cook dinner a further 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and garnish with parsley.
Serving: 3/4 cup, Energy: 158kcal, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 5g, Fats: 8g, Saturated Fats: 2g, Ldl cholesterol: 7mg, Sodium: 460mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 4g