Undiagnosed kind 1 diabetes is life-threatening. Early analysis of kind 1 diabetes saves lives. That is the place you are available!
Chances are you’ll know that early indicators of diabetes are sometimes mistaken for a urinary tract an infection, a development spurt in kids or teenagers, kind 2 diabetes, an consuming dysfunction or different sickness. Later indicators of diabetes, as soon as somebody is making little or no insulin and approaching or in diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) are sometimes mistaken for the flu, COVID-19, abdomen virus or different sickness.
Many individuals assume kind 1 diabetes is solely genetic so there’s no manner they’ll develop it, although 93% of recent instances of T1D don’t have any household historical past of the illness.
Many individuals nonetheless consider that solely kids are identified with kind 1 diabetes, although greater than half of all new instances of T1D happen in adults.
Sadly, these sorts of inaccurate beliefs result in deaths. Around the globe, 35,860 individuals have died of kind 1 diabetes in 2022 with out ever receiving a analysis.
We’d like your assist to vary this story.
Collectively, by means of our #SeeTheSigns of diabetes consciousness marketing campaign, we’re ensuring everybody is aware of the indicators of diabetes so each particular person growing the autoimmune illness can obtain a well timed analysis and keep as wholesome as doable.
Get entangled and assist save lives:
1. Share our #SeeTheSigns of diabetes social media graphics
Head over to our #SeeTheSigns, Share the Indicators! web page to search out quite a lot of sharable social media graphics.
Publish to social media with the hashtags #SeeTheSigns and #T1D and bear in mind to tag us @BeyondType1!
2. Request #SeeTheSigns posters to share in your group
Distributing #SeeTheSigns posters in your group ensures individuals who aren’t spending time on-line know the indicators of diabetes too. You possibly can put up them at your native espresso store, faculty, school, camp, grocery store and extra.
Request your free posters to distribute right here.
3. Publish your personal #SeeTheSigns picture or video
On or round World Diabetes Day (November 14!) put up an image or reel, utilizing your fingers to share the variety of indicators you/the one you love had and share your story about which indicators you skilled. Our major channel is Instagram, although please put up throughout all of your social channels too!
- STEP 1: Take a selfie (picture or video) holding up your fingers to point out the variety of indicators you skilled earlier than being identified.
- If it’s zero, i.e. you didn’t discover any indicators, use your hand to create a zero.
- In case you are making a reel on Instagram please create it to the track Eye of The Tiger, ideally beginning on the 18-second mark (click on right here to see the half to begin). For info on how you can add music to a reel on Instagram, click on right here.
- STEP 2: Share your story! In your put up share the indicators you noticed in your self or the one you love. 4 of the important thing indicators are extreme thirst, frequent urination, unexplained weight reduction and exhaustion.
- STEP 3: In your put up, thank and tag the individuals who helped you #SeeTheSigns.
- STEP 4: In your caption, take into account together with: “November 14 is #WorldDiabetesDay – I’m sharing my indicators so others can #SeeTheSigns #T1D. Be a part of our group & share yours.” Please bear in mind to tag us @BeyondType1! In Spanish, #SeeTheSigns is #VeLasSeñales. It’s also possible to add #SeeTheSigns stickers to your tales and reels on Instagram — simply search ‘seethesigns’ below the GIF stickers part.
Thanks for serving to others #SeeTheSigns of diabetes! You’re saving lives. Thanks!