Mini Bagel Canines, or All the things Bagel Pigs in a Blanket, make an important recreation day appetizer or kid-friendly after- faculty snack!
All the things Bagel Pigs in a Blanket
Pigs in a Blanket are a celebration favourite. This Mini Bagel Canine recipe is my Skinnytaste spinoff, made lighter and more healthy by substituting turkey canine and my Greek yogurt bagel dough recipe. Topped with every little thing bagel seasoning, these mini kid-friendly canine are positive to fly off the plate! Extra enjoyable snacks utilizing bagel dough are these Stuffed Bagel Balls, Pepperoni Pizza Bites, and Pizza Sausage Rolls.
Pigs in a Blanket Components
- Bagel Dough: All-purpose, entire wheat, or gluten-free flour, baking powder, salt, and nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Scorching Canines: I exploit Applegate Naturals turkey sizzling canine minimize in half.
- Egg: Brush the highest of the dough with a crushed egg white.
- All the things Bagel Seasoning: Sprinkle the mix on prime of the dough.
How one can Make Mini Bagel Canines
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. For those who use parchment, spray it with oil so the dough doesn’t stick.
- Bagel Dough: Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir within the yogurt till the dough appears like small crumbles.
- Knead the dough on a piece floor frivolously dusted with flour. You need it to be easy and cheesy, not sticky – no dough ought to be caught in your fingers if you’re finished.
- Make the Pigs within the Blanket: Divide the dough into 16 balls. Press a ball flat after which roll it right into a 4.5-inch oval. Wrap it round a sizzling canine half and place it on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Ending Touches: Brush every bagel canine with the egg wash and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Bake for 25 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes earlier than serving.
How one can Freeze Bagel Canines
Leftovers can keep within the fridge for 3 days, or you’ll be able to freeze them for about three months. Reheat from frozen within the microwave or air fryer.
Pigs in a Blanket Variations:
- Sausage: Be happy to swap sizzling canine on your favourite turkey or hen sausage.
- Cheese: Sprinkle shredded cheddar on prime of the new canine.
- Seasoning: For those who don’t have every little thing bagel, you need to use sesame and poppy seeds or no matter spices you want.
- Sauce: Serve with mustard and ketchup for dipping.
Extra Appetizer Recipes You’ll Love:
Your feedback are useful! For those who’ve tried this wholesome Mini Bagel Canine recipe or another on Skinnytaste, don’t overlook to price the recipe and go away me a remark beneath. And when you took a photograph of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can reshare on my Tales!
All the things Bagel Pigs in a Blanket
Mini Bagel Canines, or pigs in a blanket, make an important recreation day appetizer or kid-friendly after- faculty snack!
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, entire wheat or gluten-free combine, , plus extra for dusting (5 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt, I like to recommend Stonyfield or Fage 0%
- 1 egg white, crushed (entire egg works high quality too)
- 8 turkey sizzling canine, comparable to Applegate Naturals, halved crosswise
- 2 teaspoons All the things Bagel seasoning
Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper. If utilizing parchment paper, spray with oil to keep away from sticking.
In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk nicely.
Add the yogurt and blend with a fork or spatula till nicely mixed, it is going to appear like small crumbles.
Flippantly mud flour on a piece floor and take away dough from the bowl, knead the dough a number of occasions till dough is easy and cheesy, however not sticky, about 15 turns (it mustn’t go away dough in your hand if you draw back).
Divide dough into 16 equal balls.
Mud your work floor and a rolling pin with extra flour.
Press a ball flat then roll right into a 4 ½-inch oval.
Wrap the dough round a sizzling canine half and place on the ready baking sheet. Repeat with remaining sizzling canine and dough.
Brush every with the egg wash and sprinkle with All the things Bagel seasoning.
Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Enable to chill for 10 minutes and serve.
Serving: 2mini bagel canine), Energy: 160kcal, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 12g, Fats: 5g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 32mg, Sodium: 755mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugar: 1g
Key phrases: bagel canine, bagel dough recipes, soccer appetizers, pigs in a blanket