Air Fryer Corned Beef is simple to make, and seems tender and juicy each time. This “one pot” meal with cabbage, carrots, and potatoes is a particular crowd-pleaser!
The Most Flavorful Corned Beef Brisket, Ever!
Corned beef is usually thought-about a low-and-slow recipe that’s nice for the crock pot – simply check out the evaluations for my Crock Pot Corned Beef! 🙌 However do you know it can be made in your air fryer? It’s true! And the convection warmth not solely cooks the meat to tender, juicy deliciousness, nevertheless it’s additionally extremely easy to do, with minimal prep.
My recipe for air fryer corned beef takes issues a step additional with a killer brown-sugar-Dijon glaze that brings out the hearty roasted taste of the meat and veggies. This can be a full meal in a single, with mouthwatering taste and texture. Whether or not you make it for a St. Patrick’s Day feast or a easy weeknight meal, you’ll adore it!
What Is Corned Beef?
Corned beef is a lower of extraordinary beef brisket cured in a salty brine, often with seasonings and spices. The phrase “corned” was initially a reference to the big items of salt used within the brining course of. The salty cured beef grew to become a beloved staple for Irish immigrants to the US and remains to be a well-liked dish for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations nationwide.
What’s in This Recipe?
So what is going to it’s good to make air fryer corned beef with veggies? Solely a handful of healthful substances. You received’t imagine how flavorful this brief listing of substances will end up in your air fryer!
- Corned Beef: Search for the packaged corned beef brisket, offered with a spice packet.
- Dijon Mustard: You might additionally use stone-ground mustard, spicy mustard, and so on.
- Brown Sugar: Or uncooked sugar.
- Potatoes: I like child potatoes, quartered, however common pink, white, or yellow potatoes would work. Lower them into small chunks.
- Carrots: Lower into cash.
- Cabbage: Roughly chopped.
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Which Is Higher, Level Lower or Flat Lower Corned Beef?
Once you’re looking for corned beef brisket, you’ll often see two cuts obtainable: level lower and flat lower. The flat lower is skinny and, nicely, flat – with a layer of fats on high. Level cuts are thicker, with very beneficiant marbling. I like to recommend utilizing a flat lower as a result of they’re meatier and far simpler to slice and eat.
How you can Make Air Fryer Corned Beef
My secret weapon for air fryer corned beef? Foil! Cooking the meat in foil for many of the cooking time helps hold it juicy and flavorful. Eradicating the foil on the finish permits it to type a beautiful, crispy crust.
- Prep the Air Fryer and Brisket. To get began, preheat your air fryer to 360˚F. Whereas it preheats, combine the dijon mustard and brown sugar collectively in a bowl, after which brush this combination everywhere in the corned beef brisket. Place the corned beef on a big sheet of foil greased with cooking spray, and wrap it as much as seal it within the foil.
- Air Fry the Beef. Place the wrapped beef in your air fryer basket, and let it cook dinner for 50 minutes. When that point is up, pull the foil away from the meat and let it end cooking for about 40 extra minutes.
- Relaxation the Beef. As soon as the 40 minutes is up, rigorously take out the corned beef and let it relaxation on a slicing board.
- Air-Fry the Potatoes and Carrots. Whereas the meat rests, put the potatoes and carrots in a big bowl with a spoonful of olive oil and a few salt and pepper. Toss to coat, after which air-fry at 400˚F for quarter-hour. In the meantime, toss the cabbage with the final of the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the Cabbage. When the quarter-hour is up, shake the potatoes and carrots and add within the cabbage. Air fry for about 10 extra minutes, or till all the veggies are tender.
- Take pleasure in! Thinly slice the corned beef, and serve with the veggies.
Can You Overcook Corned Beef?
Sure, it’s potential to overcook corned beef, though it’s unlikely because the meat sometimes takes fairly some time to change into tender. And because the air fryer has a built-in timer, it’s even more durable to overlook your meals and go away it cooking too lengthy. Good, proper?
Ideas for Success
For a very foolproof recipe, nothing beats having a number of useful methods up your sleeve. That’s why I’m sharing my finest ideas for excellent air fryer corned beef. Bon appetit!
- Towards the Grain: For the perfect end result, all the time slice your corned beef in opposition to the grain. This may lower throughout the lengthy, extra powerful fibers, creating a young texture as a substitute of a stringy texture.
- Skinny Slices: Utilizing a extremely sharp knife is essential, as a result of it is going to can help you lower thinner slices. Thinly sliced corned beef might be extra tender than thickly sliced corned beef.
- Air Fryer Dimension: Relying on the scale of your air fryer, you could want to chop your corned beef brisket into two smaller items and simply cook dinner them one by one.
- Temperature: Remember that simply because the meat has reached a secure inside temperature doesn’t imply it’s tender but! Corned beef wants an extended cook dinner time than different cuts so to interrupt down connective tissue.
Facet Dish Concepts
Whereas air fryer corned beef is an entire meal, we love our facet dishes round right here! You’ll be able to by no means have too many. Listed below are a number of nice sides that go along with this straightforward dinner.
- Salad: Serving a contemporary salad is one in every of my favourite methods to get healthful uncooked veggies into my household’s eating regimen. This creamy Radish Cucumber Tomato Salad is loaded with taste and texture.
- Bread: Throw some garlic bread collectively, or for a extra genuine facet, make a loaf of conventional Soda Bread in a Skillet.
- Inexperienced Beans: Additional inexperienced veggies are all the time welcome, particularly a easy, vibrant facet dish like these Lemon Butter Inexperienced Beans. Straightforward and lightweight!
How you can Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
- Leftovers may be cooled down and saved within the fridge in an hermetic container or meals storage bag. The meat and veggies ought to keep good for 3 to 4 days or so.
- To reheat, place slices of beef and among the veggies in your air fryer basket at 360˚F for 1-2 minutes.
Can I Freeze This?
- Certain! To freeze leftover corned beef, place it in freezer baggage or hermetic containers and retailer it within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Freeze the potatoes and carrots in a separate bag or container. I don’t advocate freezing the cabbage.
- Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Preheat air fryer to 360˚F.
Combine the dijon mustard and brown sugar collectively in a bowl.
Brush the brisket with the dijon mustard combination.
Set the brisket on a big sheet of foil greased with cooking spray.
Wrap the foil across the brisket; seal it closed.
Place within the air fryer basket and cook dinner for 50 minutes.
Pull the foil again; and proceed to cook dinner for 40 minutes.
Switch the brisket to a slicing board and let relaxation 10 minutes.
Within the meantime, put together the veggies; Mix potatoes and carrots in a big bowl; toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Switch the potatoes and carrots to the air fryer basket; cook dinner at 400˚F for quarter-hour.
In the meantime, toss the cabbage with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
When the quarter-hour is up, shake the potatoes and carrots, and add within the cabbage.
Proceed to cook dinner for 8 to 10 extra minutes or till veggies are tender.
Thinly slice the corned beef and serve with the veggies.
- Corned Beef is made with beef brisket, a cured powerful lower of meat that must be cooked low and gradual. It additionally is available in two cuts; flat and level. For this recipe, you need to use the flat lower, which is meatier and simpler to cook dinner.
- Greens: I used root greens right here, however if you wish to use something aside from these veggies, you completely can; alter the cooking time accordingly.
- Towards the Grain: Slice the meat in opposition to the grain, which suggests slicing in opposition to the instructions the muscle fibers run. This holds true for all cuts of meat. This makes the meat extra tender and fewer chewy.
Energy: 621 kcal | Carbohydrates: 60 g | Protein: 32 g | Fats: 29 g | Saturated Fats: 9 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 14 g | Trans Fats: 0.001 g | Ldl cholesterol: 92 mg | Sodium: 2228 mg | Potassium: 1821 mg | Fiber: 8 g | Sugar: 12 g | Vitamin A: 3890 IU | Vitamin C: 121 mg | Calcium: 86 mg | Iron: 6 mg | Web Carbs: 52 g
Dietary data is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values could differ based on the substances and instruments used. Please use your most well-liked dietary calculator for extra detailed data.