Two years in the past, I began a low-carb weight loss program to drop extra pounds. I ate round 55-80 grams of carbohydrates per day and dropped weight sooner than I might have imagined. Now, I’m not a giant particular person by any means, however these recipes are sufficient to fulfill even the most important urge for food.
- Bacon and eggs. Certain, this one’s a traditional. However there’s a motive that it’s everybody’s go-to, low-carb breakfast. It’s scrumptious, simple to make, and has zero carbs per serving. With the excessive protein and excessive fats content material of this yummy mixture, you’re certain to remain glad for hours.
- Cantaloupe and cottage cheese. Sure, fruit has carbs in it. However one cup of sliced cantaloupe has solely 16g of carbohydrates. And the protein and calcium you’re getting from the cottage cheese is thru the roof. Plus, your candy tooth can get glad on the identical time. It’s the right mixture.
- Low-carb tortillas with scrambled eggs, cheese, salsa, and jalapenos. For those who’re craving a breakfast burrito, look no additional than this tasty dish. All you do is scramble the eggs with jalapeno. Put the eggs and jalapeno within the tortilla, prime with cheese and salsa and also you’ve obtained a scrumptious and wholesome breakfast. The carb whole relies on the tortillas you employ, however once I made this, I bolused for 20g of carbohydrates.
- Berries and plain yogurt. Berries are nice for folks on low-carb diets. They’re full of diet, they fulfill the urge for one thing candy, and so they have few carbohydrates. Plain yogurt is nice as a result of its filled with calcium and low in carbohydrates. My favourite form of yogurt is Fage, which is a Greek yogurt. It’s clean, creamy, and so good you’ll overlook you’re on a weight loss program. For those who’re consuming a cup of yogurt and 1/2 cup of berries you’re consuming about 15g of carbohydrates.
- Laborious-boiled egg sandwich. Whereas visiting my in-laws in Florida, my mother-in-law launched me to a scrumptious and low-carb bread excellent for sandwiches. Multi-grain sandwich thins, by Arnold, are actually gentle, and toast up completely. I don’t cease with breakfast. They’re nice for a sandwich at lunch as properly. I arduous boil some eggs, toast up the sandwich thins, layer a chunk of cheese, and the eggs, some kosher salt, and pepper: Breakfast is served! For those who don’t need to eat each halves of the bread, you are able to do it open-faced for actually low-carb. I bolus for 25g of carbohydrates for this.
- Fried eggs with jicama hash browns. Jicama is a superb vegetable that doesn’t get used sufficient, in my view. It’s crunchy and barely candy, however fries up identical to a potato does! For those who’re craving hash browns, this recipe is a winner. All you do is peel and slice your jicama on a grater or in your meals processor, (you’ll want about 2 cups for two servings) and chop half of a small onion. Warmth some oil over medium-high warmth in a frying pan and add the onion and cook dinner till simply translucent. Add the jicama and cook dinner till brown. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper and prime together with your fried eggs. That is about 11g of carbohydrates per serving.
- Mini Frittatas (recipe follows). This isn’t solely a formidable dish, however really easy you’ll make them regardless if you happen to eat low-carb or not. Better of all, you may eat these straight off the pan or at room temperature. I make them when having friends over for brunch, however you may simply pop the leftovers within the freezer and reheat, for the reason that recipe makes about 40. There are about 4g of carbohydrates per mini-frittata, relying in your substances.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 massive eggs
- 1/2 cup entire milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham, chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped recent Italian parsley leaves
Preheat the oven to 375 levels F.
Spray 2 mini muffin tins (every with 24 cups) with nonstick spray. Whisk the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt in a big bowl to mix properly. Stir within the ham, cheese, and parsley. Fill the muffin cups virtually to the highest with the egg combination. Bake till the egg combination puffs and is simply set within the middle, about 8 to 10 minutes. Utilizing a rubber spatula, loosen the frittatas from the muffin cups and slide the frittatas onto a platter. Serve instantly.
Put up Views: 19,827
Learn extra about berries, breakfast, brunch, cantaloupe, cheese, fruit, low-carb weight loss program, melon, recipe, spicy, kind 1 diabetes, kind 2 diabetes, yogurt.